Maria Goeppert Mayer was a German-born American theoretical physicist, and Nobel laureate in Physics. She was the second female Nobel laureate in physics, after Marie Curie. – Wikipedia Maria Goeppert Mayer Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was Maria Goeppert born? a) 9 January 1908 b) 28 June 1906 c) 12 August 1904…
Melvin Schwartz Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When did Melvin Schwartz win Nobel Prize for Physics? a) 1976 b) 1988 c) 1984 d) 1992 2. When was Melvin Schwartz born? a) 23 January 1946 b) 16 May 1938 c) 5 August 1942 d) 2 November 1932 3. Where was Melvin Schwartz born? a)…
1. Who of the following was not an astronaut on Apollo 11?
a) Edwin Aldrin
b) John Warner
c) Michael Collins
d) Neil Armstrong
2. When was Apollo 11 launched?
a) 11 November 1968
b) 12 October 1967
c) 16 July 1969
d) 22 March 1972
3. What was the name of the lunar module of Apollo 11?
Sir Julian Sorell Huxley was an English evolutionary biologist, humanist and internationalist. He was Secretary of the Zoological Society of London (1935–1942), the first Director of UNESCO, and a founding member of the World Wildlife Fund.
1. When was Julian Huxley born?
a) 11 March 1884
b) 22 June 1887
c) 26 July 1894
d) 10 October 1895
2. Where was Julian Huxley born?
3. Which college did Julian Huxley attend?
a) Bethany College
b) St. James’ College
c) Balliol College
d) Union College
1) Who is Mercury in mythology?
a) God of justice
b) God of war
c) God of wind
d) God of commerce
2) What is the minimum surface temperature of Mercury?
3) What is the maximum surface temperature of Mercury?
Paul Adrien Maurice Dirac was an English theoretical physicist who made fundamental contributions to the early development of both quantum mechanics and quantum electrodynamics. He shared the Nobel Prize for Physics with the Austrian physicist Erwin Schrodinger for the discovery of new productive forms of atomic theory. Paul Dirac Quiz Questions Click here for answers…
1) When was Jagdish Chandra Bose born?
a) 5 May 1855
b) 30 November 1858
c) 23 January 1897
d) 14 August 1900
2) Where was Jagdish Chandra Bose born?
3) From which college in Calcutta did Jagdish Chandra Bose pass B.A.?
a) Elphinstone College
b) Presidency College
c) St. Albert’s College
d) St. Xavier’s College
Michael Faraday Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was Michael Faraday born? a) 5 July 1794 b) 4 March 1792 c) 22 September 1791 d) 10 December 1788 2. Where was Michael Faraday born? a) Lexington b) Newington c) Bristol d) Coventry 3. Who offered Michael Faraday the job of laboratory assistant? a)…
1. When did Frederick Soddy win Nobel Prize for Chemistry?
2. When was Frederick Soddy born?
a) 15 February 1872
b) 5 June 1864
c) 2 September 1877
d) 12 October 1875
3. Where was Frederick Soddy born?
John Scott Haldane Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was John Scott Haldane born? a) 7 October 1864 b) 2 May 1860 c) 12 February 1856 d) 4 September 1855 2. Where was John Scott Haldane born? a) Edinburgh b) Glasgow c) Ipswich d) Liverpool 3. Which school did John Scott Haldane attend?…