5. Which college did Karl Alexander Muller attend?
a) Evangelical College
b) St. Nicholas College
c) St. John’s College
d) Trinity College
6. When did Karl Alexander Muller obtain doctorate from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology?
7. Where did Karl Alexander Muller work in 1959-1963?
a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
b) Max Planck Institute
d) Battelle Memorial Institute
8. For what did Karl Alexander Muller win Nobel Prize for Physics?
a) Invention of particle detectors
b) Breakthrough in discovery of superconductivity of ceramic materials
c) Development of neutron spectroscopy
d) Discovery of a new type of pulsar
Patrick Steptoe was a British obstetrician and gynaecologist. He and Robert Edwards were responsible for developing in vitro fertilization. Edwards was awarded the 2010 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his work on the development of in vitro fertilization, however because the Nobel Prize is not awarded posthumously, Steptoe was not considered for the award.
Paracelsus Quiz Questions and Answers
1. What was Paracelsus’ original name?
a) Aulus Cornelius Celsus
b) Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus Von Hohenheim
c) Johann Georg Leopold Mozart
d) Andreas Libavius
2. Where was Paracelsus born?
3. Where did Paracelsus claim he got his doctorate?
1. When did Paul Ehrlich get Nobel Prize for Medicine?
2. When was Paul Ehrlich born?
a) 5 June 1851
b) 14 March 1854
c) 6 August 1861
d) 1 November 1868
3. Where was Paul Ehrlich born?
4. From which university did Paul Ehrlich get his medical degree in 1878?
John Burdon Sanderson Haldane Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was John Burdon Sanderson Haldane born? a) 10 January 1898 b) 27 May 1896 c) 25 August 1894 d) 5 November 1892 2. Where was John Burdon Sanderson Haldane born? a) Oxford b) Eton c) Cambridge d) Berkeley 3. Which idea did John…
Karl Alexander Muller QuizPatrick Steptoe QuizParacelsus QuizPaul Ehrlich QuizJohn Burdon Sanderson Haldane QuizThomas Young QuizMilky Way QuizLinus Pauling QuizAntoine Laurent Lavoisier QuizEagle QuizOriginally posted 2019-05-19 15:44:47.
1) What is the Milky Way?
2) How far is the Sun from the centre of the Milky Way?
a) 2 light years
b) 10 light years
c) 2000 light years
d) 26000 light years
3) What is the centre of the Milky Way called?
a) Centre Point
b) Galactic Centre
c) Eye of the storm
d) Planetary Centre
1. When did Linus Pauling win Nobel Prize for Chemistry?
2. When did Linus Pauling win Nobel Prize for Peace?
3. When was Linus Pauling born?
a) 28 February 1901
b) 5 July 1900
c) 15 May 1909
d) 9 December 1902
1. When was Antoine Laurent Lavoisier born?
a) 14 January 1736
b) 7 April 1746
c) 26 August 1743
d) 31 December 1748
2. Where was Antoine Laurent Lavoisier born?
3. What did Antoine Laurent Lavoisier study for three years but did not practise?
1) What are eagles?
a) Talking birds
b) Large birds of prey
c) Singing birds
d) Birds of carrying messages
2) To which order eagle belongs?
3) Which eagle preys on sloths and monkeys?
a) Harpy eagle
b) Sea eagle
c) Caucasian eagle
d) Serpent eagle