When was Sigrid Undset’s first novel Fru Marte Oulie published?
When was Sigrid Undset received into Roman Catholic Church?
For what did Sigrid Undset win Nobel Prize for Literature?
a) Poetic oeuvre of great luminosity
b) Rich and intensive prose
c) Powerful descriptions of Northern life during the Middle Ages
d) Works of lyrical beauty and ethical depth
Ezra Pound Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When was Ezra Pound born?
a) 8 March 1884
b) 12 May 1882
c) 23 August 1889
d) 30 October 1885
2. Where was Ezra Pound born?
3. Which college did Ezra Pound attend?
a) Hamilton College
b) Merton College
c) Trinity College
d) Newman College
Emma Lazarus Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was Emma Lazarus born? a) 14 February 1844 b) 16 May 1842 c) 22 July 1849 d) 24 December 1855 2. Where was Emma Lazarus born? a) New York b) Richmond c) Atlanta d) Boston 3. Which was Emma Lazarus’ first book? a) The Banner…
Michael Crichton Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. What was Michael Crichton’s first name? a) Peter b) John c) Thomas d) Matthew 2. When was Michael Crichton born? a) 6 January 1944 b) 17 April 1948 c) 16 August 1946 d) 23 October 1942 3. Where was Michael Crichton born? a) Chicago b) Boston…
1) When was Ayn Rand born?
a) 2 February 1905
b) 4 April 1900
c) 22 August 1896
d) 17 November 1906
2) Where was Ayn Rand born?
a) St. Petersburgh
3) Which University did Ayn Rand attend?
Frances Burney Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When was Frances Burney born?
a) 4 February 1754
b) 13 June 1752
c) 23 August 1749
d) 30 December 1745
2. Where was Frances Burney born?
a) King’s Lynn
3. Who was Frances Burney’s mother?
a) Elizabeth Allen
b) Harriet Salusbury
c) Esther Sleepe
d) Cassandra Leigh
Vladimir Nabokov Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When was Vladimir Nabokov born?
a) 4 February 1894
b) 22 April 1899
c) 23 August 1892
d) 10 November 1902
2. Where was Vladimir Nabokov born?
a) St. Petersburg
3. When did Vladimir Nabokov leave Russia?
Herman Melville was an American novelist, short story writer, essayist, and poet. He is best known for his novel Moby-Dick and the posthumous novella Billy Budd.
Herman Melville Quiz Questions
1. When was Herman Melville born?
a) 7 March 1824
b) 22 May 1822
c) 1 August 1819
d) 30 December 1815
2. Where was Herman Melville born?
a) New York
c) San Francisco
3. On which ship did Herman Melville work as a cabin boy?
a) Charles & Henry
b) St. Lawrence
c) United States
Truman Capote Quiz Questions with Answers
1. What was Truman Capote’s original name?
a) Truman Streckfus Persons
b) Harry Truman
c) Norman Mailer
d) Samuel Longhorne Clemens
2. When was Truman Capote born?
a) 6 February 1934
b) 5 May 1929
c) 30 September 1924
d) 19 December 1921
3. Where was Truman Capote born?
b) New Orleans
Gabriela Mistral Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When did Gabriela Mistral win Nobel Prize for Literature?
2. What was Gabriela Mistral’s original name?
a) Mary Ann Evans
b) Amandine Dudevant
c) Lucila Godoy Alcayaga
d) Josephine O’Brien
3. When was Gabriela Mistral born?
a) 16 March 1879
b) 7 April 1889
c) 12 July 1884
d) 30 December 1890