Robert Burns Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When was Robert Burns born?
a) 25 January 1759
b) 27 April 1756
c) 15 August 1764
d) 2 December 1755
2. Where was Robert Burns born?
a) Mount Oliphant
3. When did Robert Burns publish Poems, Chiefly in the Scottish Dialect?
John Robert Fowles Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When was John Robert Fowles born?
a) 31 March 1926
b) 2 April 1922
c) 23 August 1919
d) 7 December 1928
2. Where was John Robert Fowles born?
3. Which college did John Robert Fowles attend?
a) Christ Church College
b) Merton College
c) Trinity College
d) New College
1) When was Samuel Coleridge born?
a) 12 August 1778
b) 2 December 1776
c) 4 November 1774
d) 21 October 1772
2) What was Samuel Coleridge’s middle name?
3) Which college did Samuel Coleridge attend?
a) St. Augustine’s College
b) St. Patrick’s College
c) Jesus College
d) Trinity College
(This quiz is about English author Terence David John Pratchett popularly known as Terry Pratchett.) Terence Pratchett Quiz Questions 1. When was Terence Pratchett born? a) 4 February 1944 b) 28 April 1948 c) 11 August 1949 d) 20 December 1945 2. Where was Terence Pratchett born? a) Beaconsfield b) Dover c) Winchester d) Greenwich…
Laurence Binyon Quiz Questions with Answers
1. When was Laurence Binyon born?
a) 14 January 1874
b) 10 August 1869
c) 21 August 1867
d) 10 December 1859
2. Where was Laurence Binyon born?
3. Which school did Laurence Binyon attend?
a) St. Peter’s School
b) St. Joseph’s School
c) St. Paul’s School
d) St. Mary’s School
Nadine Gordimer Quiz Questions with Answers
1. When did Nadine Gordimer win Nobel Prize for Literature?
2. When was Nadine Gordimer born?
a) 6 March 1928
b) 28 June 1914
c) 22 September 1924
d) 20 November 1923
3. Where was Nadine Gordimer born?
d) Cape Town
Gustave Flaubert was a French writer of the realist period who is counted among the greatest Western novelists. He is best known for his first published novel, Madame Bovary, a classic tale of romance and retribution. It is a portrait of the young provincial Emma Bovary as fallen woman and her adulterous liaisons with Rodolphe Boulanger.
Gustave Flaubert Quiz Questions
1. When was Gustave Flaubert born?
a) 19 March 1823
b) 16 June 1818
c) 31 August 1826
d) 12 December 1821
2. Where was Gustave Flaubert born?
a) La Rochelle
3. Which magazine was the first to publish a writing by Gustave Flaubert?
a) Le Colibri
b) Le Figaro
c) Revue de Paris
d) Revue des Deux Mondes
Wystan Hugh Auden who published as W. H. Auden, was an Anglo-American poet and one of the leading literary figures of the 20th century. His early poetry made his reputation as a witty and technically accomplished writer. His work is noted for its stylistic and technical achievements, its engagement with moral and political issues, and its variety of tone, form and content. The central themes of his poetry are love, politics and citizenship, religion and morals, and the relationship between unique human beings and the anonymous, impersonal world of nature.
Wystan Hugh Auden Quiz Questions
1. When was Wystan Hugh Auden born?
a) 21 February 1907
b) 7 May 1905
c) 20 August 1906
d) 22 December 1902
2. Where was Wystan Hugh Auden born?
3. Which school did Wystan Hugh Auden attend in Surrey?
a) St, John’s School
b) St. Edmund’s Preparatory School
c) St. Albert’s School
d) Queen Mary School
1. Which of the following books was written by Daniel Defoe?
a) Gulliver’s Travels
b) Robinson Crusoe
c) Either Or
2. What was Daniel Defoe’s original surname?
3. Where did Daniel Defoe study?
a) Queen Mary School
b) St. Thomas Academy
c) St. Patrick’s School
d) Charles Morton’s Academy
Isaac Asimov Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was Isaac Asimov born? a) 2 January 1920 b) 1 June 1923 c) 10 September 1919 d) 28 December 1924 2. Where was Isaac Asimov born? a) Tashkent b) Petrovichi c) Vladivostok d) Yekaterinburg 3. Which university did Isaac Asimov attend? a) John Hopkins b)…