Alessandro Volta Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. What was Alessandro Volta’s full name? a) Alessandro Benito Carlo Volta b) Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta c) Alessandro Giovanni Battista Enrico Maria Volta d) Alessandro Eugenio Ambrogio Damiano Volta 2. When was Alessandro Volta born? a) 18 February 1745 b) 9 April 1740 c) 2…
Category: Discoveries and Inventions
Jagdish Chandra Bose Quiz
1) When was Jagdish Chandra Bose born?
a) 5 May 1855
b) 30 November 1858
c) 23 January 1897
d) 14 August 1900
2) Where was Jagdish Chandra Bose born?
3) From which college in Calcutta did Jagdish Chandra Bose pass B.A.?
a) Elphinstone College
b) Presidency College
c) St. Albert’s College
d) St. Xavier’s College
Michael Faraday Quiz
1. When was Michael Faraday born?
a) 5 July 1794
b) 4 March 1792
c) 22 September 1791
d) 10 December 1788
2. Where was Michael Faraday born?
3. Who offered Michael Faraday the job of laboratory assistant?
a) Humphry Davy
b) John Dalton
c) Sarah Barnard
d) William Whewell
Edward Jenner Quiz
1. What did Edward Jenner discover?
b) Vaccination for cholera
d) Vaccination for smallpox
2. When was Edward Jenner born?
a) 7 March 1745
b) 17 May 1749
c) 12 September 1738
d) 29 December 1742
3. Where was Edward Jenner born?
Thomas Alva Edison Quiz
1) Which is the most famous invention of Thomas Alva Edison?
d) Electric bulb
2) How many inventions were patented by Thomas Alva Edison?
3) Which of the following quotations is attributed to Thomas Alva Edison?
a) We have nothing to fear but fear.
b) I promise you blood, sweat, toil and tears.
c) We make our destiny by our actions.
d) Genius is one per cent inspiration and 99 per cent perspiration.
Clyde William Tombaugh Quiz
Clyde William Tombaugh Quiz Questions
1. When was Clyde William Tombaugh born?
a) 4 February 1906
b) 5 May 1904
c) 8 July 1909
d) 6 December 1905
2. Where was Clyde William Tombaugh born?
3. Where did Clyde William Tombaugh serve as assistant astronomer?
b) Palomar Observatory
c) Mount Wilson Observatory
d) Lowell Observatory
George Westinghouse Quiz
George Westinghouse Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was George Westinghouse born? a) 6 October 1846 b) 26 June 1840 c) 14 August 1849 d) 22 January 1844 2. On which ship did George Westinghouse serve during the Civil War? a) USS Arizona b) USS Lexington c) USS Muscoota d) USS Oklahoma 3….
Jack Kilby Quiz
Jack Kilby Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When did Jack Kilby win Nobel Prize for Physics? a) 1976 b) 1988 c) 2000 d) 2004 2. When was Jack Kilby born? a) 8 March 1928 b) 30 June 1926 c) 1 August 1924 d) 8 November 1923 3. Where was Jack Kilby born? a)…
Ferdinand Magellan Quiz
1. Where was Ferdinand Magellan born?
2. Whose expedition to India in 1505 did Ferdinand Magellan join?
a) Vasco da Gama
b) Alphonoso Albuquerque
c) Francis d’Almeida
d) Bartholomew Dias
3. Ferdinand Magellan began his voyage around the world with five ships. Which ship did he command?
Nikola Tesla Quiz
Nikola Tesla Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was Nikola Tesla born? a) 9 March 1964 b) 4 April 1860 c) 10 July 1856 d) 3 October 1852 2. Where was Nikola Tesla born? a) Smiljan b) Belgrade c) Skopje d) Turin 3. Where did Nikola Tesla first see the Gramme dynamo? a)…