Pierre-Auguste Renoir was a French artist who was a leading painter in the development of the Impressionist style. As a celebrator of beauty, and especially feminine sensuality, it has been said that “Renoir is the final representative of a tradition which runs directly from Rubens to Watteau.” – Wikipedia Pierre-Auguste Renoir Quiz Questions 1. When…
George Grosz Quiz Questions with Answers
1. When was George Grosz born?
a) 4 February 1894
b) 15 May 1892
c) 26 July 1893
d) 21 December 1895
2. Where was George Grosz born?
3. With which group of painters was George Grosz associated?
a) Pittura Metafisica
b) Scuola Metafisica
c) Bubnovy Valet
d) Neue Sachlichkeit
1) When was Leonardo da Vinci born?
a) 15 April 1452
b) 30 October 1431
c) 19 November 1419
d) 2 January 1421
2) Where was Leonardo da Vinci born?
3) Under whom was Leonardo da Vinci an apprentice?
b) Giovanni Boccacio
c) Andrea del Verrocchio
Edgar Degas Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When was Edgar Degas born?
a) 1 January 1836
b) 4 April 1838
c) 19 July 1834
d) 31 October 1832
2. Where was Edgar Degas born?
3. Which art school did Edgar Degas attend?
a) The Royal Academy of Arts
b) Ecole des Beaux-Arts
c) J. J. School of Art
d) Chelsea School of Art
Theodore Rousseau Quiz Questions with Answers
1. What was Theodore Rousseau’s full name?
a) Pierre Etienne Theodore Rousseau
b) Theodore Jean Rousseau
c) Theodore Jacques Rousseau
d) Albert Benedict Theodore Rousseau
2. When was Theodore Rousseau born?
a) 4 February 1814
b) 15 April 1812
c) 27 August 1809
d) 30 November 1805
3. Where was Theodore Rousseau born?
1) When was Vincent Van Gogh born?
a) 30 March 1853
b) 17 June 1848
c) 1 September 1852
d) 3 October 1856
2) Where was Vincent Van Gogh born?
3) Which of the following professions was not pursued by Vincent Van Gogh before he became a painter?
a) Art dealer
Marie Tussaud Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was Anna Maria Grosholtz born? a) 30 March 1764 b) 18 June 1763 c) 21 August 1762 d) 1 December 1761 2. Where was Anna Maria Grosholtz born? a) Paris b) Strasbourg c) Bern d) Zurich 3. Who taught the art of wax modelling to…
1) When was Michelangelo born?
a) 9 April 1472
b) 16 September 1481
c) 19 November 1480
d) 6 March 1475
2) Where was Michelangelo born?
3) What was Michelangelo’s full name?
a) Michaelangelo y pais y noronha y sequeira
b) Michelangelo di Ludovico di Lionardo di Buonarroti Simoni
c) Michaelangelo Roncalli
d) Michaelangelo Cacciavillan
Edvard Munch was an painter and printmaker from Norway. He was regarded as the pioneer of the Expressionist movement.
Edvard Munch Quiz Questions
1. When was Edvard Munch born?
a) 6 February 1868
b) 7 May 1866
c) 8 August 1864
d) 12 December 1863
2. Where was Edvard Munch born?
3. What caused the death of Edvard Munch’s mother and eldest sister?
George Romney Quiz Questions with Answers
1. When was George Romney born?
a) 31 January 1744
b) 15 May 1742
c) 21 August 1736
d) 26 December 1734
2. Where was George Romney born?
3. When was George Romney Christopher Steele’s pupil?