Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky was a Russian novelist, short story writer, essayist, journalist and philosopher. Dostoyevsky’s literary works explore human psychology in the context of the troubled political, social, and spiritual atmosphere of 19th-century Russia. He began writing in his 20s, and his first novel, Poor Folk, was published in when he was 25. His major works include Crime and Punishment, The Idiot, and The Brothers Karamazov. His output consists of eleven novels, three novellas, seventeen short novels and numerous other works. Many literary critics rate him as one of the greatest and most prominent psychologists in world literature. His novella Notes From Underground is considered to be one of the first works of existentialist literature. – Wikipedia
Fyodor Dostoevsky Quiz Questions with Answers
(Dates are as per Gregorian calendar. Dostoevsky is also written as Dostoyevsky.)
1. When was Fyodor Dostoevsky born?
a) 28 January 1824
b) 15 May 1823
c) 23 August 1822
d) 11 November 1821
2. Where was Fyodor Dostoevsky born?
3. When did Fyodor Dostoevsky write Poor Folk?
1) When was Leonid Brezhnev born?
a) 14 March 1896
b) 18 May 1894
c) 28 August 1902
d) 19 December 1906
2) Where was Leonid Brezhnev born?
3) Which campaign did Leonid Brezhnev implement in Kazhakstan in 1954?
a) Campaign against hunger and disease
b) Virgin and Idle Lands Campaign
c) Cleanliness campaign
d) Fisheries campaign
1. When was Rudolf Abel arrested by FBI?
a) 1 January 1949
b) 21 June 1957
c) 12 August 1956
d) 31 December 1948
2. What was Rudolf Abel’s original name?
a) William August Fisher
b) Ernest Blofeld
c) Feliks Dzerzhinnsky
d) Nikolay Yezhov
3. When was Rudolf Abel born?
a) 3 March 1904
b) 15 April 1902
c) 11 July 1903
d) 14 November 1905
1. When did Andrey Sakharov get Nobel Prize for Peace?
2. When was Andrey Sakharov born?
a) 12 March 1919
b) 21 May 1921
c) 29 July 1912
d) 18 November 1922
3. Where was Andrey Sakharov born?
1. When did Ukraine declare independence?
a) 7 March 1984
b) 11 April 1976
c) 24 August 1991
d) 14 November 1975
2. Which of the following countries is not to the west of Ukraine?
3. Which is the longest mountain in Ukraine?
1. When was Mikhail Gorbachev General Secretary of Communist Party of USSR?
2. When was Mikhail Gorbachev born?
a) 2 March 1931
b) 4 April 1932
c) 15 August 1928
d) 30 December 1934
3. Where was Mikhail Gorbachev born?
1) When was Nikita Khrushchev born?
a) 22 February 1876
b) 17 April 1894
c) 21 July 1896
d) 31 December 1900
2) Where was Nikita Khrushchev born?
3) Which party did Nikita Khrushchev join?
a) Menshevik Party
b) Liberal Party
c) Russian Communist Party
d) Royalist Party
1) When was Yuri Andropov born?
a) 31 January 1901
b) 15 June 1914
c) 14 August 1912
d) 21 December 1916
2) Where was Yuri Andropov born?
3) On which river did Yuri Andropov work as a boatman?
Vyacheslav Molotov was a Soviet politician and diplomat.
Vyacheslav Molotov Quiz Questions and Answers
1. What was Vyacheslav Molotov’s original surname?
2. When was Vyacheslav Molotov born? (Date of birth according to calendar prevalent in Russia.)
a) 25 February 1890
b) 19 April 1898
c) 12 July 1900
d) 3 December 1894
3. Where was Vyacheslav Molotov born?