1) When was Amerigo Vespucci born?
a) 9 March 1451
b) 9 April 1478
c) 5 August 1458
d) 3 November 1448
2) Where was Amerigo Vespucci born?
3) From where did Amerigo Vespucci set sail on 10 May 1497?
Captain Matthew Flinders was a distinguished English navigator and cartographer, who was the first to circumnavigate Australia and identify it as a continent. -Wikipedia Matthew Flinders Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was Matthew Flinders born? a) 16 March 1774 b) 12 April 1772 c) 17 July 1770 d) 15 December 1768 2….
1. Where was Pedro Alvares Cabral born?
2. When did Pedro Alvares Cabral begin his voyage to India?
a) 9 March 1500
b) 17 May 1496
c) 14 July 1521
d) 7 December 1526
3. Who of the following explorers accompanied Pedro Alvares Cabral in his voyage to India?
a) Bartholomeu Dias
b) Christopher Columbus
c) Ferdinand Magellan
d) Vasco da Gama
1. Where was Ferdinand Magellan born?
2. Whose expedition to India in 1505 did Ferdinand Magellan join?
a) Vasco da Gama
b) Alphonoso Albuquerque
c) Francis d’Almeida
d) Bartholomew Dias
3. Ferdinand Magellan began his voyage around the world with five ships. Which ship did he command?
1. When did Fridtjof Nansen get Nobel Prize for Peace?
2. When was Fridtjof Nansen born?
a) 5 February 1856
b) 23 May 1867
c) 26 July 1865
d) 10 October 1861
3. Where was Fridtjof Nansen born?
1) When was Richard Francis Burton born?
a) 19 March 1821
b) 4 July 1820
c) 28 June 1814
d) 7 December 1825
2) Where was Richard Francis Burton born?
3) Which college did Richard Francis Burton attend?
a) William and Mary College
b) King’s College
c) Rhodes College
d) Trinity College
1. Where was Christopher Columbus born?
2. Who was the Portuguese king approached by Christopher Columbus for assistance for exploring route to India?
a) James V
b) John II
c) Richard III
d) William IV
3. Of which country Ferdinand and Isabella, who granted Christopher Columbus assistance for exploring route to India, were monarchs?