1) Where was St. Catherine of Siena born?
2) What did St. Catherine of Siena become?
a) Dominican Tertiary
b) Franciscan Tertiary
c) Capuchin Tertiary
d) Norbertine Tertiary
3) Who of the following was St. Catherine of Siena’s confessor?
a) Padre Pio
b) Raymnd de Capua
c) St. John Vianney
d) St. Albert the Great
1) Where was St. Augustine born? a) Carthage b) Milan c) Rome d) Thagaste 2) Which religion was followed by St. Augustine for some years? a) Buddhism b) Islam c) Manichaean d) Tunis 3) St. Augustine had a son from a concubine. What is his name? a) Adeodatus b) Herodotus c) Theodotus d) Honoratus 4)…
1) Where did St. Blaesilla live?
2) Who was the father of St. Blaesilla?
3) Who was the mother of St. Blaesilla?
a) St. Priscilla
b) St. Lydia
c) St. Paula
d) St. Elizabeth
1) Where was St. Jerome born?
2) Who was the bishop of Laodicea and exegete whose lectures St. Jerome attended?
3) Who baptized St. Jerome in 370?
b) Leo I
c) John II
1) When was St. Thomas More born?
a) 1 January 1470
b) 7 February 1478
c) 3 March 1576
d) 10 May 1673
2) Where was St. Thomas More born?
3) Which school did St. Thomas More attend?
a) St. Anthony’s School
b) St. Paul’s School
c) St. Peter’s School
d) St. Albert’s School
(This quiz is about St. Isabella of France and St. Isabella of Portugal. Both are known as St. Isabel.
St. Isabella of Portugal is also known as St. Elizabeth.)
1) Who of the following was brother of St. Isabella of France?
a) St. Edward
b) St. Louis IX
c) St. Jerome
d) St. Clement
2) Who by a Bull of 26 May, 1254, allowed St. Isabella of France retain some Franciscan fathers as her special confessors?
a) Paul III
b) Innocent IV
c) Julius II
d) Martin V
3) Which convent did St. Isabella of France found?
a) Holy Family Convent
b) St. Joseph’s Convent
c) Monastery of the Humility of the Blessed Virgin
d) Monastery of St. Benedict
1) Who of the following were put to death together with St. Rufina, 4th century martyr of Sirmium?
a) Reginald Pole and John Fisher
b) Isaac Jogues and companions
c) St. Miguel Pro and companions
d) Moderata, Secundus, Romana
2) When is the feast day of St. Rufina, 4th century martyr of Sirmium?
a) 9 September
b) 6 April
c) 3 December
d) 14 June
3) Sirmium was part of which Roman province?
1) Where was St. Clara born?
d) Rocca Secca
2) How old was St. Clara when the preaching of St. Francis of Assisi influenced her?
a) 14 years
b) 16 years
c) 18 years
d) 20 years
3) Where was St. Clara sent by St. Francis?
a) Benedictine convent
b) Dominican convent
c) Capuchin convent
d) Franciscan convent
1) Where was St. Albert born?
2) Which order did St. Albert join?
a) Order of Preachers
b) Order of Friars Minor
c) Order of St. Benedict
d) Order of Discalced Carmelites
3) Which university did St. Albert attend?
a) University of Lisbon
b) University of Berlin
c) University of Vienna
d) University of Padua
Raymond of Penyafort was a Catalan Dominican friar in the 13th century, who compiled the Decretals of Gregory IX, a collection of canonical laws that remained a major part of Church law until the 1917 Code of Canon Law abrogated it. He is honoured as a saint in the Catholic Church and is the patron…