1. When did Philipp Lenard win Nobel Prize for Physics?
2. When was Philipp Lenard born?
a) 7 November 1857
b) 7 June 1862
c) 15 May 1859
d) 9 January 1852
3. Where was Philipp Lenard born?
b) La Rochelle
Illinois Quiz Questions and Answers
1. When did Illinois become a state of USA?
a) 7 January 1781
b) 5 April 1802
c) 22 July 1848
d) 3 December 1818
2. When did Louis Jolliet visit Illinois?
3. Who captured Kaskaskia in 1778?
a) James Wilkinson
b) George Rogers Clark
c) Pierre Menard
d) Horatio Gates
Netherlands Antilles Quiz Questions
1. When did Christopher Columbus sight the island of Saint Martin?
a) 1 March 1476
b) 20 May 1482
c) 12 July 1562
d) 11 November 1493
2. Who occupied Curacao in 1634?
a) Piet Heyn
b) John Maurice
c) Johannes van Walbeeck
d) Robert Blake
3. When did Sint Eustasius recognize USA?
a) 1 January 1801
b) 16 November 1776
c) 20 September 1798
d) 14 April 1824
1) After whom is Bolivia named?
a) Christopher Columbus
b) Simon Bolivar
2) Which is the highest navigable water body in the world?
a) Lake Superior
b) Lake Titicaca
c) Lake Victoria
d) Lake Albert
3) Who won the Presidential election in December 2005?
a) Alan Garcia
b) Evo Morales
c) Raila Odinga
d) Richard Leaky
1. When was Ernest Hemingway born?
a) 9 February 1864
b) 17 May 1862
c) 21 July 1899
d) 30 December 1865
2. Where was Ernest Hemingway born?
d) San Francisco
3. What was Ernest Hemingway’s role in World War I?
c) Flight Lieutenant
d) Ambulance driver
1) When was Mary Anne Evans (George Eliot) born?
a) 22 November 1819
b) 14 May 1799
c) 1 October 1820
d) 5 January 1821
2) Why did Mary Anne Evans write under the name George Eliot?
a) At that time writing was considered a male profession.
b) She was living in disguise as a man.
c) She considered herself a man in a woman’s body.
d) She wanted equality for men and women.
3) Which magazine did Mary Anne Evans edit for two years?
a) Wall Street Journal
d) Westminster Review
1. When was Ramon Magsaysay President of the Philippines?
2. When was Ramon Magsaysay born?
a) 1 January 1901
b) 3 May 1904
c) 31 August 1907
d) 17 November 1910
3. Where was Ramon Magsaysay born?
c) San Jose
Highest career batting average (minimum 20 innings): 99.94
Highest series batting average (5 Test series): 201.50 (1931–32)
Highest ratio of centuries per innings played: 36.25% (29 centuries from 80 innings)
Highest 5th wicket partnership: 405 (with Sid Barnes, 1946–47)
Highest 6th wicket partnership: 346 (with Jack Fingleton, 1936–37)
1) When did Richard Wellesley become the Governor General of India?
2) Which military alliance was introduced by Richard Wellesley?
a) Northern Alliance
b) Subsidiary Alliance
c) Axis Powers
d) Triple Entente
3) When was the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War?
4) Who was killed during the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War?
a) Hyder Ali
b) Shah Alam II
c) Tipu Sultan
New Hampshire Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Which state is to the east of New Hampshire?
2. Which state is to the west of New Hampshire?
3. Which state is to the south of New Hampshire?