1) When was St. Henry born?
a) 5 June 678
b) 12 December 542
c) 6 May 972
d) 7 July 1260
2) Under whom did St. Henry receive education?
a) St. Wolfgang
b) St. Jerome
c) St. Clement
d) St. Ambrose
3) When did St. Henry become Duke of Bavaria?
1) What is Pauline Year?
a) Birth Centenary of Paul IV.
b) Death Centenary of Paul V.
c) Birth Centenary of Paul VI.
d) A year dedicated to St. Paul, in preparation for the 2,000th anniversary of his birth.
2) Who announced Pauline Year on 28 June 2007?
a) Benedict XVI
b) John Paul II
c) Paul VI
d) John XXIII
3) When is Pauline Year?
a) From 25 December 2007 to 24 December 2008
b) From 29 June 2008, to 29 June 2009
c) From 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2008
d) From 25 March 2008 to 24 March 2009
1) Where was St. Catherine of Siena born?
2) What did St. Catherine of Siena become?
a) Dominican Tertiary
b) Franciscan Tertiary
c) Capuchin Tertiary
d) Norbertine Tertiary
3) Who of the following was St. Catherine of Siena’s confessor?
a) Padre Pio
b) Raymnd de Capua
c) St. John Vianney
d) St. Albert the Great
1) Where was St. Augustine born? a) Carthage b) Milan c) Rome d) Thagaste 2) Which religion was followed by St. Augustine for some years? a) Buddhism b) Islam c) Manichaean d) Tunis 3) St. Augustine had a son from a concubine. What is his name? a) Adeodatus b) Herodotus c) Theodotus d) Honoratus 4)…
1) Where did St. Blaesilla live?
2) Who was the father of St. Blaesilla?
3) Who was the mother of St. Blaesilla?
a) St. Priscilla
b) St. Lydia
c) St. Paula
d) St. Elizabeth
Charles I (Stuart) Quiz Questions
1. When was Charles I (Stuart) king of England, Scotland and Ireland?
2. When was Charles I (Stuart) born?
a) 1 February 1515
b) 19 April 1620
c) 7 September 1655
d) 19 November 1600
3. Where was Charles I (Stuart) born?
1) Who of the following were put to death together with St. Rufina, 4th century martyr of Sirmium?
a) Reginald Pole and John Fisher
b) Isaac Jogues and companions
c) St. Miguel Pro and companions
d) Moderata, Secundus, Romana
2) When is the feast day of St. Rufina, 4th century martyr of Sirmium?
a) 9 September
b) 6 April
c) 3 December
d) 14 June
3) Sirmium was part of which Roman province?
1) Where was St. Clara born?
d) Rocca Secca
2) How old was St. Clara when the preaching of St. Francis of Assisi influenced her?
a) 14 years
b) 16 years
c) 18 years
d) 20 years
3) Where was St. Clara sent by St. Francis?
a) Benedictine convent
b) Dominican convent
c) Capuchin convent
d) Franciscan convent
Girolamo Savonarola was an Italian Dominican friar, Scholastic, religious and political reformer and an influential contributor to the politics of Florence from 1494 until his execution in 1498
Girolamo Savonarola Quiz Questions
1. When was Girolamo Savonarola born?
a) 4 February 1444
b) 15 April 1442
c) 21 September 1452
d) 30 November 1455
2. Where was Girolamo Savonarola born?
3. Which order did Girolamo Savonarola join?
4. Who invaded Florence and overthrew Medici rule in 1494 as predicted by Girolamo Savonarola?
a) Charles VIII
b) Philip IV
c) Henry VI
d) Edward VI
1) Where was St. Albert born?
2) Which order did St. Albert join?
a) Order of Preachers
b) Order of Friars Minor
c) Order of St. Benedict
d) Order of Discalced Carmelites
3) Which university did St. Albert attend?
a) University of Lisbon
b) University of Berlin
c) University of Vienna
d) University of Padua