Ivory Coast Quiz Questions
(Ivory Coast is officially known as The Republic of Côte d’Ivoire.)
1. When did Ivory Coast become independent?
a) 12 February 1953
b) 25 April 1958
c) 7 August 1960
d) 26 November 1956
2. Which country is to the east of Ivory Coast?
c) Sierra Leone
3. Which gulf is to the south of Ivory Coast?
a) Gulf of Cambay
b) Gulf of Guinea
c) Persian Gulf
d) Gulf of Tonkin
1) Which military alliance has its headquarters in Brussels?
2) Which is the official language of Wallonia?
3) Which is the capital of European Union?
1) How was Davis Cup originally known?
a) Rothman’s Cup
b) Santosh Trophy
c) Jules Rimet Cup
d) The International Lawn Tennis Challenge Trophy
2) Who drew up the format of the competition of Davis Cup?
a) Donald Budge
b) Rodney Laver
c) Holcombe Ward
d) Dwight Davis
3) Who won the Inaugural Davis Cup?
1) What is Pauline Year?
a) Birth Centenary of Paul IV.
b) Death Centenary of Paul V.
c) Birth Centenary of Paul VI.
d) A year dedicated to St. Paul, in preparation for the 2,000th anniversary of his birth.
2) Who announced Pauline Year on 28 June 2007?
a) Benedict XVI
b) John Paul II
c) Paul VI
d) John XXIII
3) When is Pauline Year?
a) From 25 December 2007 to 24 December 2008
b) From 29 June 2008, to 29 June 2009
c) From 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2008
d) From 25 March 2008 to 24 March 2009
Nikolaas Tinbergen was a ethologist and ornithologist who shared the 1973 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine with Karl von Frisch and Konrad Lorenz for their discoveries concerning organization and elicitation of individual and social behaviour patterns in animals.
1. When did Nikolaas Tinbergen win Nobel Prize for Medicine?
2. When was Nikolaas Tinbergen born?
a) 24 January 1901
b) 15 April 1907
c) 15 September 1909
d) 30 November 1905
3. Where was Nikolaas Tinbergen born?
d) The Hague
1) What was George Orwell’s real name?
a) Eric Arthur Blair
b) Michael Marian Morrison
c) James Hadley Chase
d) Samuel Langhorne Clemens
2) Where was George Orwell born?
c) New York
3) Where did George Orwell serve in 1922-1927?
a) Scotland Yard, London
b) Indian Imperial Police, Burma
c) HMS Invincible, Australia
d) Dogra Regiment, Himachal Pradesh
1. On whom Robert Bolt’s play A Man for All Seasons is based?
a) Oliver Cromwell
b) Thomas Lord
c) David Windsor
d) Thomas More
2. When was Robert Bolt born?
a) 1 January 1921
b) 24 April 1919
c) 15 August 1924
d) 2 December 1925
3. Where was Robert Bolt born?
1. What was Harry Houdini’s original name?
a) Reginald Scot
b) Erik Weisz
c) Harry Kellar
d) Jean Prevost
2. When was Harry Houdini born?
a) 24 March 1874
b) 5 April 1869
c) 21 September 1877
d) 31 December 1865
3. Where was Harry Houdini born?
Thomas Jefferson Quiz
This quiz is about the third President of USA.
1) Of which State was Thomas Jefferson the Governor in 1779-1781?
b) New York
2) Which post was held by Thomas Jefferson in 1785-1788?
a) Minister to France
b) Minister to Netherlands
c) Governor of Virginia
d) Member of Continental Congress
3) Who was the President when Thomas Jefferson was Secretary of State?
a) Benjamin Franklin
b) George Washington
1) How is the Netherlands popularly known?
2) Which country withdrew from Kingdom of the United Netherlands?
3) Which is the official language of the Netherlands?