Harriet Beecher Stowe Quiz Questions
1. What was Harriet Beecher Stowe’s original name?
a) Harriet Rebecca Lane
b) Harriet Martineau
c) Harriet Elizabeth Beecher
d) Madeleine Stowe
2. When was Harriet Beecher Stowe born?
a) 10 February 1809
b) 14 June 1811
c) 11 August 1804
d) 17 November 1816
3. Where was Harriet Beecher Stowe born?
1) Who created the character of Superman?
a) Alfred Hitchcock
b) Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster
c) Marlon Brando
d) John Wayne
2) What was Superman’s real name?
a) Long John Silver
b) William Flint
c) James Smith
d) Kal El
3) From which planet was Superman?
1. When did Philipp Lenard win Nobel Prize for Physics?
2. When was Philipp Lenard born?
a) 7 November 1857
b) 7 June 1862
c) 15 May 1859
d) 9 January 1852
3. Where was Philipp Lenard born?
b) La Rochelle
1) After whom is Bolivia named?
a) Christopher Columbus
b) Simon Bolivar
2) Which is the highest navigable water body in the world?
a) Lake Superior
b) Lake Titicaca
c) Lake Victoria
d) Lake Albert
3) Who won the Presidential election in December 2005?
a) Alan Garcia
b) Evo Morales
c) Raila Odinga
d) Richard Leaky
1) When was Mary Anne Evans (George Eliot) born?
a) 22 November 1819
b) 14 May 1799
c) 1 October 1820
d) 5 January 1821
2) Why did Mary Anne Evans write under the name George Eliot?
a) At that time writing was considered a male profession.
b) She was living in disguise as a man.
c) She considered herself a man in a woman’s body.
d) She wanted equality for men and women.
3) Which magazine did Mary Anne Evans edit for two years?
a) Wall Street Journal
d) Westminster Review
1. When was Ramon Magsaysay President of the Philippines?
2. When was Ramon Magsaysay born?
a) 1 January 1901
b) 3 May 1904
c) 31 August 1907
d) 17 November 1910
3. Where was Ramon Magsaysay born?
c) San Jose
Highest career batting average (minimum 20 innings): 99.94
Highest series batting average (5 Test series): 201.50 (1931–32)
Highest ratio of centuries per innings played: 36.25% (29 centuries from 80 innings)
Highest 5th wicket partnership: 405 (with Sid Barnes, 1946–47)
Highest 6th wicket partnership: 346 (with Jack Fingleton, 1936–37)
1) When did Richard Wellesley become the Governor General of India?
2) Which military alliance was introduced by Richard Wellesley?
a) Northern Alliance
b) Subsidiary Alliance
c) Axis Powers
d) Triple Entente
3) When was the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War?
4) Who was killed during the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War?
a) Hyder Ali
b) Shah Alam II
c) Tipu Sultan
Paris Olympics 1900 Quiz
(There is difference of opinion as to the number of participating countries, events, athletes and women athletes in Paris Olympics 1900. Figures of the Olympic Movement are considered official.)
1) Which was the opening date of Paris Olympics 1900?
a) 14 May 1900
b) 1 January 1900
c) 14 June 1900
d) 12 October 1900
2) Who was the female tennis champion in Paris Olympics 1900?
a) Helen Wills
b) Charlotte Cooper
c) Billie Jean King
d) Christine Evert
3) Who won four athletics events in four days in Paris Olympics 1900?
a) Jesse Owens
b) Alvin Kraenzlein
c) Meyer Prinstein
d) Frantz Reichel