1) Where was St. Jerome born?
2) Who was the bishop of Laodicea and exegete whose lectures St. Jerome attended?
3) Who baptized St. Jerome in 370?
b) Leo I
c) John II
1) When was St. Thomas More born?
a) 1 January 1470
b) 7 February 1478
c) 3 March 1576
d) 10 May 1673
2) Where was St. Thomas More born?
3) Which school did St. Thomas More attend?
a) St. Anthony’s School
b) St. Paul’s School
c) St. Peter’s School
d) St. Albert’s School
(This quiz is about St. Isabella of France and St. Isabella of Portugal. Both are known as St. Isabel.
St. Isabella of Portugal is also known as St. Elizabeth.)
1) Who of the following was brother of St. Isabella of France?
a) St. Edward
b) St. Louis IX
c) St. Jerome
d) St. Clement
2) Who by a Bull of 26 May, 1254, allowed St. Isabella of France retain some Franciscan fathers as her special confessors?
a) Paul III
b) Innocent IV
c) Julius II
d) Martin V
3) Which convent did St. Isabella of France found?
a) Holy Family Convent
b) St. Joseph’s Convent
c) Monastery of the Humility of the Blessed Virgin
d) Monastery of St. Benedict
1) Who of the following were put to death together with St. Rufina, 4th century martyr of Sirmium?
a) Reginald Pole and John Fisher
b) Isaac Jogues and companions
c) St. Miguel Pro and companions
d) Moderata, Secundus, Romana
2) When is the feast day of St. Rufina, 4th century martyr of Sirmium?
a) 9 September
b) 6 April
c) 3 December
d) 14 June
3) Sirmium was part of which Roman province?
1) Where was St. Albert born?
2) Which order did St. Albert join?
a) Order of Preachers
b) Order of Friars Minor
c) Order of St. Benedict
d) Order of Discalced Carmelites
3) Which university did St. Albert attend?
a) University of Lisbon
b) University of Berlin
c) University of Vienna
d) University of Padua
(Some sources give 1215 as the year of birth of St. Louis IX)
1) When was St. Louis IX born?
a) 7 January 1200
b) 3 March 1248
c) 25 April 1214
d) 16 October 1236
2) Where was St. Louis IX born?
3) How old was St. Louis IX when he became king?
a) Five years
b) Eight years
c) Twelve years
d) Sixteen years
1) What is Pauline Year?
a) Birth Centenary of Paul IV.
b) Death Centenary of Paul V.
c) Birth Centenary of Paul VI.
d) A year dedicated to St. Paul, in preparation for the 2,000th anniversary of his birth.
2) Who announced Pauline Year on 28 June 2007?
a) Benedict XVI
b) John Paul II
c) Paul VI
d) John XXIII
3) When is Pauline Year?
a) From 25 December 2007 to 24 December 2008
b) From 29 June 2008, to 29 June 2009
c) From 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2008
d) From 25 March 2008 to 24 March 2009
1) Where was St. Catherine of Siena born?
2) What did St. Catherine of Siena become?
a) Dominican Tertiary
b) Franciscan Tertiary
c) Capuchin Tertiary
d) Norbertine Tertiary
3) Who of the following was St. Catherine of Siena’s confessor?
a) Padre Pio
b) Raymnd de Capua
c) St. John Vianney
d) St. Albert the Great
(This quiz is about St. Vincent, Deacon and Martyr.)
1) Who was the father of St. Vincent?
2) Who was the mother of St. Vincent?
3) Where was St. Vincent born?
d) La Paz
1. Where was St. Romuald of Ravenna born?
2. To which family did St. Romuald of Ravenna belong?
3. To which monastery did St. Romuald of Ravenna retire?
a) St. Apollinaris
b) St. Mark
c) St. Polycarp
d) St. Ignatius