1) What was Australia’s score in their first Innings in Melbourne Test December 2008?
2) What was South Africa’s score in their first Innings in Melbourne Test December 2008?
3) South Africa were 184 when they lost their seventh wicket in their first Innings in Melbourne Test December 2008. How many runs did they put on for their last three wickets?
1) Which military alliance has its headquarters in Brussels?
2) Which is the official language of Wallonia?
3) Which is the capital of European Union?
1) What was the result of England vs Holland group match in Twenty20 World Cup 2009?
a) England won by 12 runs.
b) England won by 5 wickets.
c) Holland won by 4 runs.
d) Holland won by 4 wickets.
2) What was the result of India vs Bangladesh group match in Twenty20 World Cup 2009?
a) India won by 25 runs.
b) India won by 3 wickets.
c) Bangladesh won by 40 runs.
d) Bangladesh won by 6 wickets.
3) What was the result of Australia vs West Indies group match in Twenty20 World Cup 2009?
a) Australia won by 19 runs.
b) Australia won by 6 wickets.
c) West Indies won by 12 runs.
d) West Indies won by 7 wickets.
1) How was Davis Cup originally known?
a) Rothman’s Cup
b) Santosh Trophy
c) Jules Rimet Cup
d) The International Lawn Tennis Challenge Trophy
2) Who drew up the format of the competition of Davis Cup?
a) Donald Budge
b) Rodney Laver
c) Holcombe Ward
d) Dwight Davis
3) Who won the Inaugural Davis Cup?
1) What is Pauline Year?
a) Birth Centenary of Paul IV.
b) Death Centenary of Paul V.
c) Birth Centenary of Paul VI.
d) A year dedicated to St. Paul, in preparation for the 2,000th anniversary of his birth.
2) Who announced Pauline Year on 28 June 2007?
a) Benedict XVI
b) John Paul II
c) Paul VI
d) John XXIII
3) When is Pauline Year?
a) From 25 December 2007 to 24 December 2008
b) From 29 June 2008, to 29 June 2009
c) From 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2008
d) From 25 March 2008 to 24 March 2009
1) Which is the kingdom of dog?
2) Which is the phylum of dog?
3) Which is the class of dog?
………….View complete quiz at www.go4quiz.com
Nikolaas Tinbergen was a ethologist and ornithologist who shared the 1973 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine with Karl von Frisch and Konrad Lorenz for their discoveries concerning organization and elicitation of individual and social behaviour patterns in animals.
1. When did Nikolaas Tinbergen win Nobel Prize for Medicine?
2. When was Nikolaas Tinbergen born?
a) 24 January 1901
b) 15 April 1907
c) 15 September 1909
d) 30 November 1905
3. Where was Nikolaas Tinbergen born?
d) The Hague
1) When Leo Tolstoy was born Russia followed Julian calendar. His date of birth according to Julian calendar was 28 August 1828. What was his date of birth according to Gregorian calendar?
a) 16 August 1828
b) 14 August 1828
c) 9 September 1828
d) 11 September 1828
2) Where was Leo Tolstoy born?
a) Yasnaya Polyana
c) St. Petersburg
3) Where did Leo Tolstoy study languages and law but returned without degree?
a) St. Petersburg University
b) Moscow University
c) Kazan University
d) Tashkent University
1) What was George Orwell’s real name?
a) Eric Arthur Blair
b) Michael Marian Morrison
c) James Hadley Chase
d) Samuel Langhorne Clemens
2) Where was George Orwell born?
c) New York
3) Where did George Orwell serve in 1922-1927?
a) Scotland Yard, London
b) Indian Imperial Police, Burma
c) HMS Invincible, Australia
d) Dogra Regiment, Himachal Pradesh
1. On whom Robert Bolt’s play A Man for All Seasons is based?
a) Oliver Cromwell
b) Thomas Lord
c) David Windsor
d) Thomas More
2. When was Robert Bolt born?
a) 1 January 1921
b) 24 April 1919
c) 15 August 1924
d) 2 December 1925
3. Where was Robert Bolt born?