(Alexander VIII is referred by his baptismal name for the times before he became pope.) Alexander VIII Quiz Questions Click here for answers 1. When was Pietro Ottoboni born? a) 6 January 1605 b) 22 April 1610 c) 8 September 1620 d) 30 November 1600 2. Where was Pietro Ottoboni born? a) Venice b) Gravina…
(Frederick Barbarossa is also known as Frederick I.)
1. When was Frederick Barbarossa first elected German king and Holy Roman Emperor?
a) 4 March 1152
b) 10 May 1151
c) 26 July 1145
d) 18 December 1148
2. Which concordat did Frederick Barbarossa violate?
a) Concordat of Bologna
b) Concordat of Tonsberg
c) Concordat of Worms
d) Concordat of Zurich
3. Who crowned Frederick Barbarossa emperor on 18 June 1155?
a) Eugene III
b) Lucius II
c) Celestine V
d) Adrian IV
(Nicholas V is referred by his baptismal name for the times before he became pope.)
1. When was Tommaso Parentucelli born?
a) 11 January 1401
b) 3 April 1402
c) 15 November 1397
d) 18 October 1405
2. Where was Tommaso Parentucelli born?
3. Of which diocese was Tommaso Parentucelli appointed bishop?
(Leo XIII is referred by his baptismal name for the times before he became pope. Some sources give the baptismal name as Vincenzo Gioacchino Raffaele Luigi Pecci.) 1) When was Gioacchino Vincenzo Raffaele Luigi Pecci born? a) 7 March 1812 b) 4 October 1814 c) 22 June 1815 d) 2 March 1810 2) Where was…
1. When was Marcello Cervini Degli Spannochi born?
a) 15 February 1500
b) 6 May 1501
c) 8 July 1498
d) 9 October 1462
2. Where was Marcello Cervini Degli Spannochi born?
3. Who appointed Marcello Cervini Degli Spannochi prothonotary apostolic?
a) Alexander VI
b) Adrian IV
c) John II
d) Paul III
(Innocent V is referred by his baptismal name for the times before he became pope.)
1. Where was Pierre De Tarentaise born?
2. Which order did Pierre De Tarentaise join?
3. Which university did Pierre De Tarentaise attend?
1) Where was Pierre-roger De Beaufort born?
2) Who created Pierre-roger De Beaufort cardinal?
a) John XII
b) Gregory VII
c) Clement VI
d) Leo X
3) When was Gregory XI elected pope?
a) 5 February 1372
b) 8 April 1368
c) 11 August 1366
d) 30 December 1370
1) When was John Paul II installed as pope?
a) 6 August 1978
b) 28 August 1978
c) 22 October 1978
d) 25 December 1978
2) Which encyclical did John Paul II issue first?
a) Laborem Excercens
b) Dives in Misercordia
c) Mater Redemptoris
d) Redemptor Hominis
3) When did John Paul II introduce the new Code of Canon Law for Latin Rite?
1. When was Giovanni Pietro Caraffa born?
a) 28 June 1476
b) 27 February 1475
c) 7 August 1472
d) 5 November 1471
2. Where was Giovanni Pietro Caraffa born?
3. Which order or congregation did Giovanni Pietro Caraffa join?
a) Order of Preachers
b) Order of St. Benedict
c) Congregation of Clerics Regular
d) Congregation of Mary Immaculate
1) When was Prospero Lorenzo Lambertini born?
a) 31 March 1675
b) 1 June 1670
c) 7 August 1678
d) 11 December 1680
2) Where was Prospero Lorenzo Lambertini born?
3) How old was Prospero Lorenzo Lambertini when he received the Doctorate in Theology, Canon Law and Civil Law?