General Sir Charles James Napier was a general of the British Empire and the British Army’s Commander-in-Chief in India, notable for conquering the Sindh Province.
Charles James Napier Quiz Questions
1. What dispatch did Charles James Napier send when he conquered Sind?
b) Mea culpa
c) Mea maxima culpa
2. When was Charles James Napier born?
a) 9 March 1774
b) 15 May 1768
c) 10 August 1782
d) 19 December 1786
3. Where was Charles James Napier born?
(This quiz about Cyrus II of Persia (Iran) aka Cyrus the Elder and Cyrus the Great who lived in 6th century BC.)
1) Which empire was founded by Cyrus?
2) Which kingdom was inherited by Cyrus?
3) Which two Iranian tribes were united by Cyrus?
a) Medes and Persians
b) Scythians and Bactrians
c) Bedouins and Moors
d) Mongols and Tibetans
1) What is the meaning of Humayun?
2) Who of the following was not a brother of Humayun?
3) Who of the following was Humayun’s wife?
a) Anjumand Banu
d) Hamida Banu
John Adams Quiz
(This quiz is about the second President of USA.)
1) Which post was held by John Adams in1785-1788?
a) Commissioner to France
b) Minister to Netherlands
c) Minister to UK
d) Member of Continental Congress
2) How is Braintree, where John Adams was born and died, known now?
3) To which political party did John Adams belong?
1. When was Anwar Sadat elected President of Egypt?
a) 3 January 1963
b) 8 April 1965
c) 5 August 1969
d) 15 October 1970
2. When was Anwar Sadat born?
a) 5 February 1905
b) 8 May 1907
c) 25 December 1918
d) 19 November 1912
3. Where was Anwar Sadat born?
b) Mit Abu al-Kum
4) Which city is known as the Big Apple?
a) Los Angeles
b) Washington D.C.
d) New York
5) Who had the longest tenure as President of USA?
a) John F. Kennedy
b) Franklin D. Roosevelt
c) George Washington
d) James Carter
6) Which of the following cities is in Nevada?
b) Los Angeles
(This quiz about Alexander III of Macedon (Macedonia) aka Alexander the Great who lived in 4th century BC.)
1) Who of the following philosophers taught Alexander?
2) What was Bucephalus?
a) Alexander’s cat
b) Alexander’s dog
c) Alexander’s horse
d) Alexander’s parrot
3) How old was Alexander when he became king?
a) 10 years
b) 15 years
c) 20 years
d) 40 years
(Frederick Barbarossa is also known as Frederick I.)
1. When was Frederick Barbarossa first elected German king and Holy Roman Emperor?
a) 4 March 1152
b) 10 May 1151
c) 26 July 1145
d) 18 December 1148
2. Which concordat did Frederick Barbarossa violate?
a) Concordat of Bologna
b) Concordat of Tonsberg
c) Concordat of Worms
d) Concordat of Zurich
3. Who crowned Frederick Barbarossa emperor on 18 June 1155?
a) Eugene III
b) Lucius II
c) Celestine V
d) Adrian IV