1. Which country is to the north of Uruguay?
2. Who was the first European to explore Uruguay?
a) Christopher Columbus
b) Juan Diaz de Solis
c) Ferdinand Magellan
d) Henry Hudson
3. Which is the capital of Uruguay?
a) La Paloma
b) San Jose
d) San Gregorio
1) What is the official name of Qatar?
a) Emirate of Qatar
b) Kingdom of Qatar
c) State of Qatar
d) Sultanate of Qatar
2) When did Qatar become independent?
a) 1 May 1965
b) 24 June 1967
c) 1 December 1969
d) 3 September 1971
3) Which channel is based in Qatar?
a) Al Arabiya
b) Al Jazeera
c) Geo TV
d) ARY TV
1) When did Guyana become independent?
a) 12 January 1948
b) 26 May 1966
c) 18 September1952
d) 11 November 1961
2) Who was Guyana’s president in 1992-1997?
a) Cheddi Jagan
b) Forbes Burhnam
c) Walter Rodney
d) Bharrot Jagdeo
3) Which country is to the east of Guyana?
b) Costa Rica
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) was founded in Baghdad, Iraq, with the signing of an agreement in September 1960 by five countries namely Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. They were to become the Founder Members of the Organization.
OPEC’s objective is to co-ordinate and unify petroleum policies among Member Countries, in order to secure fair and stable prices for petroleum producers; an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consuming nations; and a fair return on capital to those investing in the industry.
1) When did Grenada become independent?
a) 7 February 1974
b) 25 June 1967
c) 29 September 1973
d) 14 December 1976
2) What name did Christopher Columbus give to Grenada?
3) When did Christopher Columbus sight Grenada?
a) 8 March 1526
b) 23 May 1527
c) 15 August 1498
d) 12 December 1492
1) From which people Bulgaria has derived its name?
2) Which of the following countries is not a neighbour of Bulgaria?
3) Which is the main river of Bulgaria?
1) Which is the capital of Morocco?
d) Addis Ababa
2) Which territory under Morocco is disputed?
c) South Ossetia
d) Western Sahara
3) Which famous film has the name of a city of Morocco?
b) New York New York