(This quiz is about British poet Alexander Pope.)
1) When was Alexander Pope born?
a) 14 March 1751
b) 21 May 1688
c) 11 November 1650
d) 12 December 1700
2) Where was Alexander Pope born?
3) How did being a Catholic affect Alexander Pope?
a) He was exiled.
b) He could not get good education.
c) He was beaten.
d) He was imprisoned.
Rudyard Kipling Quiz Questions 1. When was Rudyard Kipling born? a) 9 February 1864 b) 17 May 1862 c) 3 August 1861 d) 30 December 1865 2. Where was Rudyard Kipling born? a) Calcutta b) Madras c) Delhi d) Bombay 3. Which story by Rudyard Kipling describes the horrors of a foster home? a) Mandalay…
1. When was John Ronald Reuel Tolkien born?
a) 3 January 1892
b) 17 May 1882
c) 14 August 1887
d) 30 December 1885
2. Where was John Ronald Reuel Tolkien born?
3. Which college did John Ronald Reuel Tolkien attend?
a) Christ College
b) New College
c) King’s College
d) Exeter College
1) When Leo Tolstoy was born Russia followed Julian calendar. His date of birth according to Julian calendar was 28 August 1828. What was his date of birth according to Gregorian calendar?
a) 16 August 1828
b) 14 August 1828
c) 9 September 1828
d) 11 September 1828
2) Where was Leo Tolstoy born?
a) Yasnaya Polyana
c) St. Petersburg
3) Where did Leo Tolstoy study languages and law but returned without degree?
a) St. Petersburg University
b) Moscow University
c) Kazan University
d) Tashkent University
1. When did Naguib Mahfouz get Nobel Prize for Literature?
2. When was Naguib Mahfouz born?
a) 12 January 1902
b) 14 April 1906
c) 5 August 1908
d) 11 December 1911
3. Where was Naguib Mahfouz born?
1. When did Sully Prudhomme get Nobel Prize for Literature?
2. What was Sully Prudhomme’s original name?
a) Rene Francois Armand Prudhomme
b) Ercoli Matthioli
c) Eustance Dauger
d) Nicolas Fouquet
3. When was Sully Prudhomme born?
a) 16 March 1839
b) 24 April 1849
c) 12 July 1834
d) 30 December 1840
Samuel Beckett Quiz Questions with Answers
1. When was Samuel Beckett born?
a) 1 January 1901
b) 13 April 1906
c) 2 August 1904
d) 5 October 1905
2. Where was Samuel Beckett born?
3. Which school did Samuel Beckett attend?
a) St. Patrick’s School
b) Portola Royal School
c) St. John’s School
d) Holy Family School
1. When did William Faulkner get Nobel Prize for Literature?
2. When was William Faulkner born?
a) 3 February 1864
b) 17 May 1862
c) 25 September 1897
d) 30 December 1865
3. Where was William Faulkner born?
a) New Albany
c) New Orleans
d) Baton Rouge
1. When was Bertrand Russell born?
a) 4 March 1868
b) 18 May 1872
c) 9 August 1881
d) 14 November 1869
2. Where was Bertrand Russell born?
3. Which college did Bertrand Russell attend?
a) Pembroke College
b) Trinity College
c) Christ’s College
d) St. Xavier’s College
1. Which book won Carl Sandburg Pulitzer Prize in 1940?
a) Good Morning, America
b) The People, Yes
c) Abraham Lincoln: The War Years
d) The American Songbag
2. When was Carl Sandburg born?
a) 6 January 1878
b) 9 April 1882
c) 12 July 1876
d) 18 October 1874
3. Where was Carl Sandburg born?
4. During which war was Carl Sandburg in the army?
5. Of which party was Carl Sandburg member?
b) Social Democratic