(John IX is referred to as John for the times before he became pope.)
2. What was John’s father’s name?
3. Which order did John join?
4. When was John IX pope?
5. Who was John IX’s rival, excommunicated by John IX and later became pope?
6. Who was the pope rehabilitated and declared valid by John IX?
7. Whom did the Synod of Rome called by John IX support as emperor?
8. Which synod’s acts were nullified by the Synod of Ravenna called by John IX?
9. Which region was given hierarchy by John IX?
10. Which custom was forbidden by John IX?