(Benedict IX is referred by his baptismal name for the times before he became pope.)
1. Where was Teofilatto born?
2. To which family did Teofilatto belong?
3. When was Benedict IX elected pope?
4. Who was the archbishop of Milan excommunicated by Benedict IX?
5. Who helped Benedict IX to return to Rome when he was driven out in 1036?
6. To whom did Benedict IX sell the papacy?
7. Which council deposed Benedict IX and two other claimants to papacy?
8. When did Benedict IX return to Rome and install himself as pope?
9. Who drove Benedict IX out of Rome on 17 July 1048?
10. Where did Benedict IX die?